Monday, August 23, 2010

Days 1 and 2

Hello everyone!

Well, my flight to Colorado was uneventful, which I'm thankful for! I flew into Durango, and saw the amazing mountains out here. I have seen them once before when I was out here in 2006 for a 6 week course on the ranch, but they never cease to amaze me.  One of my students who is out here for the 1* course picked me up at the airport and informed me that there was a cutting event that Pat and some of his Mastery Students were at close by. So instead of heading to the ranch, we went to watch some cutting. I have some videos I will have to upload, but it was very educational and fun to watch.

Then, on to the ranch we went. It was pouring rain, as it does often in the afternoons out here this time of year. We arrived at the ranch and it was just as I remembered it.  I got settled into the cabin that I will be staying in for the duration of my trip. I am rooming with a couple of girls who were in my externship last fall, so it's nice to see them and catch up. It's such a breath-taking place, I walk out of my cabin and can see the whole ranch, and that day, it was busy full of students riding and playing, and I just stood there and watched. It was great to see the ranch from so far above, a wonderful view.

On to today! It was the first day of the 2* course, and we all headed to the corporate office in Pagosa Springs where we would be spending the day.  We got a lot of logistical information and did a lot of paperwork, and then Pat came in to give us all an introduction for the course. As usual, he was very inspiring and had some awesome philosophical concepts to talk about. In the afternoon, we took a theory test and then did a Q and A session about all of our previous teaching. Overall, it was a great day and I am looking forward to the rest of the week.

I'm sorry this is short, I am very tired and fighting being sick. I'll be going to bed early tonight and I'll feel better in the morning.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meggie, thanks for posting! and don't get sick :o
    ~shannon

    ReplyDelete